4/11/13

Why I shouldn't neglect my children...

They seemed so happy.  They were laughing hysterically.  They were playing together, not asking to watch a movie or anything.  So, therefore, I was happy.  They shut the door to their bedroom, but I could still hear them laughing.  I wasn't worried.  I spent the next little while talking to Renee on the phone. 

I get off the phone, only to hear Isabela say, "Xander, I have water in this one..."  How on earth did she have water in her room? I thought.  She is great at pretending, though, so I am still not worried.  But... I should check, just in case.  Oh, NO!  Holy Cow!! I open the door only to find they have brought pulled in our 5-gallon buckets of water into their bedroom.  They have proceeded to dump them all over the carpet!

They are now in undressed, wearing only panties and a diaper, jumping and splashing in their new "pool."  Unfortunately, all fun ended there.  I, of course, was the fun ruiner (as I didn't want the carpet or flooring underneath to be ruined).  I ordered them to the bathroom.  We gathered towels, and danced all over them to soak up the water.  And, boy, were they soaked.  Luckily in just minutes, the carpet seemed all but dry.  It is amazing carpet, I would say (after many years of extracting carpets on campus!).  We used towel after towel until no more water would seep into them.  Luckily, it was just water, and only very temporary.  I don't think we caused any real damage!  Oh, the joys!

2 comments:

TerryAndLarry said...

oh wow! What a fun adventure! Glad it didn't ruin the carpet. Did they at least have fun helping with the clean up? It sounded kinda fun!
love you!

Jessica said...

Tis totally reminds me of Chloe and Will flooding my kitchen to make a pool! The things they come up with!