Making Leprosy Bandages
Handmade bandages are breathable, more durable, and can be reused.
Here is a link to get started. You can donate them here to the D.O.V.E. fund where they will be sent to Vietnam or find other places. Remember, they don't have to be perfect. My first one went from 2 inches wide, to 4 inches wide and in between.
http://leprosybandages.blogspot.com/2012/01/making-crocheted-or-knitted-leprosy.html
and a youtube video showing you exactly how. They lady is REALLY annoying and you can start at minute 10 or 12 and not miss anything important. But it is a good demonstration, albeit with excessive commentary. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeNfV7_8JmI
What it should look like:
Donating
Did you know there are many more funds that you can donate to than those on your tithing slip?
http://www.ldsphilanthropies.org/humanitarian-services/
Look around this website and you will find many many more than just this list. I especially like the Clean Water and Humanitarian Food Initiatives.And other ideas from the church:
http://lds.org/service/humanitarian/help?lang=eng
Any other ideas are greatly appreciated. Please comment and share!

2 comments:
Happy you are concerned about others and willing to take the time and energy to help them. I love that about you. I will have to check this out more.
THAT'S AWESOME!!! I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I'M RICH! (i'm very excited to help)
Post a Comment