3/24/11

The "vroom"

My daughter is an independent little one.  She typically decides to do things on her own before we decide to teach them to her.  For example, at 7 months old, she spit out her binkie, which flew out and rolled across the floor to the other side of the room, and refused to ever put it in again.  Brandon was heartbroken.  That was the only way to make her be quiet, and it really helped her to fall asleep.  It was a good thing, don't get me wrong, just very inconvenient for us who live in a very convenience-oriented world.

About two weeks ago, Isabela started pointed to the toilet and saying "vroom." I had no idea what exactly she was implying.  Over the next couple of days she started pointing to it and crying.  Before I would put her into the tub, we would get her all undressed, and finally I put her on the toilet because she kept begging.  She just sat there, didn't go pee or anything, but oh, the joy that was on her face.  And the elation from actually using toilet paper.  What a happy little girl she was!  Since then she asks to use the "vroom" every morning, every time she gets into the tub, every time someone else uses the "vroom," and sometimes in between.

Brandon challenged me to figure out why she was saying "vroom."  And then one day it clicked.  I got her to say "bathroom" which came out "bafvroom."  I hadn't pushed potty training since she wasn't even two and I knew when Xander got here she would regress back to her old ways anyway.  I guess we'll see what she decides, since it is, afterall, always what she decides, at least in her own little world. :)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Kylie was 22 months when she was potty trained, and she caught on really fast...although she continues to have accidents daily. IT HAS BEEN 2 YEARS and I am sick of it! She just refuses to stop whatever she is doing to go.

Anyway, not happening with Tyson anytime soon.