Brandon and I had decided that we would go to both our regular ward and the Spanish branch in our stake to see where we felt we needed to be. The family ward starts at 9:00am and the branch at 11:00am. I think before we went, both of us were leaning toward attending the Spanish branch. We are so used to speaking Spanish at church and the "closeness" of the people in the Hispanic culture.
As expected, as sacrament started, I began to translate everything into Spanish. Sometimes it was difficult to remember what they said because I was so busy translating. But I can't even describe the overwhelming feeling I had. Twenty minutes into the meeting, I had the strongest feeling of affirmation that this was where we need to be. I didn't say anything to Brandon. I had told him I would give both wards a fair chance. I also wanted to make sure he felt it, too, before I said anything.
At the end of the meeting, Brandon asked, "How do you feel?" I said, "I feel really good," and left it at that. He concurred. As members said hello, he started by saying, "We are just visiting today to see where we need to be..." then the more people he talked to, "We are visiting today, but I think we are going to stay permanently..." Mind you, I hadn't said how strongly I felt. We also make all of these decisions together. But I knew then that he really knew we should be in the ward as well. The feeling was so strong of family, unity, support, love.
Then on the way home, Brandon said, "Really, I just bamboozled you! Little do you know, I tricked you to go to the earlier ward so I could watch all of the Bronco's games every Sunday." I said, "Yeah, you just convinced me to speak English at church. I don't think I could have convinced you that's where we should be if you didn't feel the Spirit." He makes me laugh, anyway. I think if anything, I could say I bamboozled him. Little does Brandon know, I am excited for him to sit by me in Sacrament and help with Izzy (and Xander). Then I am going to come home from church and take a nap while he makes dinner... hahahaha! I am also really excited to know my neighbors that live next door to me, and have young women who can come help babysit.
1 comment:
I love each update. I really like the idea of you taking a nap and Brandon cooks dinner on Sunday's. Let me know how that works out for ya!! :) Love you bunches and good luck in your new ward!!
mom
Post a Comment